Whether you have a boy or a little girl, its fun to go visit daddy and do some fun things with Daddy at the school! Here are several things that you can to keep your child happy and involved during the football season. I am also listing fun things to do before a game!
(By the way- anytime I use football as my sport, keep in mind that my husband is a football coach, so if you are a Baseball, Volleyball, or Basketball Family, then remember that you can do the same things, just make it about your preferred sport:)
1) Take the kids to practice. Maybe your husband will feel nice and give momma some time to go shopping- alone:)
2) Let the kids decorate their Coaches Office, or desk! Make signs, goody bags, a card, anything that your kids will have fun doing!
3)Decorate and hang signs at the stadium or in the stands. You can even make signs and hang then in the locker room before the game day!
4) We decorate the coaches cars with shoepolish and ribbon!
5) If they are old enough they can be ball or bat boys, or if you have a daughter that likes to cheer- see if she can hang on the sidelines and cheer with the squad! Its always fun for the kids to be around the older ones, plus it gives you an opportunity to sit in peace to watch the game and not to mention that you can meet some potential babysitters!
6) At the 2 minute mark of the 4th quarter, head down to the gate to the feild and once the game ends, let your kids run out to do the alma mater with the team. You are never too old for this! (just check to make sure your district allows this- some do, some don't)
7)Take the kids to the pep rally's and let them dress to that week's theme. Maybe the Head Coach will allow the little ones to sit with the team!
8) Have a jersey made for your child! Even if you have a girl- there are lots of ways to dress a girl appropriately for a football game that isn't too cheerleaderish, if that's not her (or your) thing.
9) Teach then gameday chants! We have several that is great for the Raiders, but there are some good generic ones too!
you: "What time is it??"
them "Game Time"
you: "Who are we?"
them: "We are championions"
10) Take the entire summer and Save Milk Cartons (and the lids), during 2 a days get all the coaches kids together to make shaker bottles for the fans in the stands! Let them decorate them and fill them up with popcorn or rocks, then you can hot glue the lids on them. Store them in mesh laundry bags so that you can drag them to the games for your kids to hand out!